Where to eat in Sarasota, FL for Open Water Nationals
Are you headed to Open Water Nationals in Sarasota, Florida? This race is taking place at Benderson Park on April 21-23 and we have recommendations of some healthy places for you to eat while you are there. Read more about them below.
8491 Cooper Creek Blvd #101, Bradenton, FL 34201
Fresh Kitchen is one of the healthiest fast food places I have seen yet. They have delicious bowls and drinks. Who doesn’t love a bowl of food for lunch or dinner! Everything is 100% gluten free, dairy free (unless indicated), no processed sugars, they make homemade sauces, and use 100% olive oil in their food! Below are some good options to choose from if you want to eat there.
- This comes with two bases, one veggie, one protein and one sauce.
- This bowl has two bases, two veggies, two proteins and one sauce.
- For both of the bowls these are your options for bases, veggies, protein and sauces.
- You can choose from brown rice, spinach salad, sweet potato noodles and cauliflower avocado rice.
- The roasted veggie options are lemon garlic broccoli, sesame green beans, maple sweet potatoes, golden spice chickpeas, and basil mushrooms.
- The choices of protein are grilled citrus chicken, bbq chicken, herb grilled steak, chilled caprese tofu, roasted salmon and almond baked chicken.
- The sauce options are creamy white ginger, herb balsamic vinaigrette, coconut sriracha, holy kale and house-made sriracha.
- There are extra add ons of sauce, feta cheese, parmesan cheese and so much more!
170 University Town Center Drive Suite 103, Sarasota, FL 34243
Seasons 52 offers many fresh and healthy food options for you. Here are some things to consider trying.
Grilled Chicken Caprese Sandwich
- Sandwiches are great and easy for lunch.
- This sandwich has mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, arugula, ciabatta roll, basil pesto, organic greens salad and white balsamic vinaigrette.
- Chicken provides a lean protein that is easily digestible to help fuel your body for your race. This sandwich is light and will help increase your recovery. Pesto helps decrease inflammation and the ciabatta roll is a great source of carbohydrates.
Sesame Grilled Salmon Salad
- This salad comes with organic greens, mango, jicama, lemongrass sauce, wood-grilled red peppers, toasted sesame dressing and salmon.
- Salmon is full of Omega 3’s that help decrease inflammation and is a great source of protein.
Rotisserie Half Chicken
- The rotisserie chicken comes with french green beans, roasted tomatoes, wild rice pilaf, and a grilled lemon-honey glaze.
- Chicken is a great source of lean protein to help your body recover after a tough day of racing and it is paired with fresh veggies as well as a carbohydrate which is perfect for the best fuel for your body.
5248 University Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34243
CAVA is another great option similar to chipotle, but Mediterranean style restaurant with customizable greens and grain bowls. It’s a must try because you can create your own bowl and it’s another quick option for after racing and wanting to recover after open water. I love it better than Chipotle!
Build your own bowl
- Choose from a wide variety of Bases.
- Choose up to three dips and spreads.
- Choose a protein.
- Choose your favorite toppings and dressing.
Build your own Bowl Example
- Greens & Grains bowl a mix of grains and salad greens.
- Dips and Spreads: Hummus with chickpeas, tahini no, lemon, fresh garlic and salt
- Tzatziki with Greek yogurt, shredded cucumber and spice.
- Protein: Grilled Chicken with lemon, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Toppings: Crumbled Feta, Pita Crisps, Shredded Romaine, Avocado.
115 University Town Center Drive, Sarasota, FL 34243
Yard House is a great American style restaurant with healthy options for athletes. Here are some great options to choose from if you end up at this restaurant.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- This main dish comes with grilled chicken, roasted corn, radish, baby tomato relish. All great sources of vegetables, protein, and foods that improve digestion, decrease inflammation and will fuel you well for competition.
Fontina Vodka Penne
- This pasta entree is great to fuel a night before your race or after your swim. When you pair it will grilled chicken it is even better as you are getting a great source of lean protein as well as the carbohydrates in the pasta.
- This main dish comes with za’atar crusted salmon, warm cauliflower rice, red quinoa tabbouleh, kale, baby tomatoes, and spicy tahini sauce.
- Salmon is a great source of lean protein with omega 3’s to help decrease inflammation. It is paired with healthy vegetables and a great source of fiber as well as carbohydrates with the cauliflower rice and quinoa tabbouleh.
309 N Cattlemen Rd Unit 6, Sarasota, FL 34235
3Natives is your go to place if you love fresh acai bowls. They also have wraps, salads, smoothies, juices and breakfast options. This place is perfect for a snack before racing or for lunch! Here are some great things to try.
- This acai bowl is a classic one. You can’t go wrong with choosing the PB&A. It comes with granola, peanut butter, banana, and strawberry.
Spin my Avocado Smoothie
- This smoothie is great to help decrease inflammation with healthy fat from the avocado and pineapple to boost your immune system. Some other ingredients in the smoothie are strawberries, banana, spinach, honey, and almond milk.
- This breakfast or lunch is the perfect fuel for swimmers. It is full of protein from the hard boiled eggs, healthy fats from the avocado, and carbohydrates from the bread. The toast is also topped with red onion, feta cheese, and sprouts.
**FAN PICK** Rocco’s Tacos
243 N Cattlemen Rd, Sarasota, FL 34243
Rocco’s Tacos is a great Mexican Restaurant to try! They make your guacamole table side and there are tons of delicious foods to choose from like tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, quesadillas, and desserts. You definitely want to check out Rocco’s Tacos if you love Mexican food.
This concludes our restaurant recommendations for Open Water Nationals in Sarasota, FL. We hope you try some of these places and let us know how they are by posting your meal on social media and tagging @ericabeine on instagram. Best of luck to those competing!