If you love flavor, then get this into your dinner rotation. It’s simple and takes minimal effort for such an amazing dish. Applebee Farm comes through again with one of the two staples in this recipe, the grapefruit honey.
Now on to making this amazing piece of meat. First mix up all the ingredients in a bowl and rub it on the pork loin, then let the meat marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
1/2 tbsp. smoked paprika
1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
1⁄2 tsp. ground fennel
1⁄4 tsp. cayenne (optional – omit if you do not like spicy)
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
3 tbsp. Applebee Farm Grapefruit Honey
1 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin
marinating to soak up flavor
1. Heat oven to 450°.
2. In a medium bowl, mix, paprika, cumin, fennel, cayenne (optional), garlic, salt, pepper, and honey.
3. Add pork to the bowl and rub mixture on pork.
4. Let pork sit in bowl at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
5. Transfer pork to an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet with a wire rack on top of foil and pour remainder of marinade over the top of the pork loin, spread evenly.
6. Cook until slightly carmelized on the outside and an internal thermometer reads 140 degrees (about 35-45 minutes).
7. Let pork rest 10 minutes before slicing.
juicy, flavor-filled and tender
Serve with brown rice, asparagus, and your favorite wine for a complete meal. For something sweet at the end, take on my previous recipe for orange honey, cream cheese, buttercream frosting on top of a honey cupcake. Recipe Here:
Erica Beine is a former NCAA collegiate All-American with a passion to help people personalize their nutrition down to their genetics. Throughout 13 years of coaching Division I college athletics, she developed a nice for helping individuals fuel their personal bodies for performance. Erica retired from coaching in 2018 to start Beine Wellness Building, LLC to help people, not only athletes, achieve optimal health through nutrition personalization. She published her first cookbook in 2019 called, Let There Be Delicious Food, as a resource for quick and healthy meal solutions.