A recent partnership with Applebee Farm in Fairview, Michigan brought this amazing honey to our attention. It’s creamed honey infused with Young Living’s Orange Essential Oil. Immediately I thought of creating a frosting recipe with this particular flavor. The creamed orange honey brings a hint of orange but doesn’t overpower the natural sweetness of the honey. The major reason I love this recipe with the orange honey is because of the amazing flavor without the addition of more sugar, think European pastries.
Disclaimer, this is not a healthy recipe. I don’t condone eating this on a daily basis, but as a treat, it doesn’t get much better than putting this frosting on a honey cupcake. To get your own honey from Applebee Farm visit their Etsy site at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ApplebeeFarm?ref=l2-shopheader-name or follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pg/applebeefarm/shop/?ref=page_internal
So if you can’t wait any longer to get this recipe on your dessert rotation, here’s how you do it:
Orange-Honey Cream Cheese, Buttercream Frosting
frosts about 16-20 cupcakes (depending on amount of frosting used)
13 TBSP Unsalted Butter (room temperature – not melted)
3oz Cream Cheese (softened)
3 Cups Confectioners’ Sugar
3 TBSP Applebee Farm Orange Creamed Honey
1. Beat butter and cream cheese until well combined in a bowl of a stand mixer. The best method is a paddle attachment, otherwise continue to scrape sides while using a hand mixer to combine entire bowl of ingredients.
2. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar as mixer mixes. Scrape sides as needed.
3. Mix in honey and continue to mix until well combined.
You may want to refrigerate the frosting for a brief amount of time (5-10 minutes) before frosting cupcakes as it will harden up the frosting slightly and make it easier to work with.
finished frosting product
Now for something to put this deliciousness on to consume.
makes 12 full size cupcakes
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature – not melted)
¾ Cup Sugar (I used pure cane sugar)
½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
½ Cup Buttermilk
¼ Cup Honey
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In separate bowl mix together buttermilk, honey and vanilla. Set aside.
4. In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
5. One at a time, add eggs making sure to combine well after each egg, scraping down sides of bowl with a spatula as needed.
6. Gradually add the dry and wet ingredients, alternating starting and ending with dry ingredients and mix until combined.
7. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
9. Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling. Let cupcakes completely cool before frosting.
let the mouth watering begin
Now that you know the details, get these in your kitchen ASAP and get yourself some Applebee Farm Honey. I promise it’s like no honey you’ve ever tasted!